A blog is made for any businesses in order to give information and promote about their products and services. But it’s not all about that. Its all about communicating with your target audience by sharing relevant posts and such.Blogging is also one important SEO practice that is still being used today. In creating a blog, once must have a goal about what they want to achieve with their blog. To know what I mean, below are some questions that could help in understanding the goal you are trying to achieve in having a blog.
• When you create a blog, do you make one in order to build a thought-leadership for your brand or the company you are promoting?
• Are you creating a blog in order to build a channel to drive in deep linking to a specific page within your site?
• Are you making a blog because you have issues with the reputation management?
• Do you want to share tips and techniques or any helpful information to people who are looking for it?
• Or is it for personal use like ranting or something like that?
So once you got the goal in your mind all set, it’s time to find options on where to put your blog. What I mean here is finding the right place for your blog like should it be in a subdomain, subdirectory, a completely different or separate domain, or you are going to use either WordPress or Blogger, these sort of options.
Whatever the options you choose, all of them have pros and cons. An example is when you choose a wordpress blog, you will have easy access to a lot of great themes some are free but the good ones are paid. Also a free wordpress user, your blog name will something like this “blogname.wordpress.com” which is somehow common but if you have the money you can get a domain and setup your blog to look like your own site.